The goal of Geomob is to provide a forum to learn and exchange ideas about any interesting services and projects that deal with location. Everyone working in or curious about the location space or with location services is welcome. You absolutely do not need to be some sort of GIS expert (though GIS experts are of course welcome as well).
The talks are a chance to learn, but equally important is the dialogue between the attendees, which is why I hope everyone can also stay for #geobeers - generously paid for by our sponsors - at a nearby bar after the talks.
Our format for the evening will be as it always has been:
- doors open at 18:00, set up and general mingling
- at 18:30 we begin the talks with a very brief introduction
- Each speaker will have slides and speak for 10-15 minutes. After each talk there will be time for 2-3 questions.
- We vote by show of hands for the best speaker. The winner will receive a SplashMap and unending glory (see the full list of all past winners).
- We head to a nearby pub for discussion and #geobeers paid for by the sponsors.
- Andrew Hart of indoor AR navigation service Dent Reality
- Shammi Arora of travel and food app Grabbd
- Sam Murphy from earthscope
- Lisha Tan of neighbourhood search engine smartpostcode
- James David Smith will tell us about air quality on the London underground.
- Jez Nicholson, a director at OSM UK, will discuss the ongoing project to match UK Food Hygiene Ratings to every food outlet in the UK.
Geomob London is organized by Ed Freyfogle